Monday, March 4, 2013

2010 Chateau La Dauphine, Fronsac

I'm still drinking stuff.  More drinking than writing, but I thought I'd do a quick check in with the wine I'm drinking tonight.  Chateau La Dauphine, a French wine from the Fronsac
Bordeaux appellation.  What does that mean?  I don't really know much beyond that is a region of France.  When it comes to wine I'm more comfortable with the local California wineries, and that's exactly why I bought a bunch of value French Bordeauxs!  So far this one is my favorite.  This 90% merlot 10% cab-franc tastes like a mouthful of black cherries that are a little more tart than sweet.  Up front there's fresh minerality in the background that I generally associate with a crisp white wine (I'd love a more descriptive term than minerality).  Then cherries throughout, and at the end some mild black pepper that comes up as it dries into the long finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment